I know there’s a lot of info here, but reading it all will help you get scheduled much faster and easier. I’ll try to keep it brief. I appreciate your interest in my work and I look forward to working with you!
I only accept Black & Grey tattoos. Here are the styles I work with, within Black & Grey:
- Portraits/Realism (Most Preferred)
- Color-infused (very minimal color use within a black & grey piece)
I don’t accept the following styles:
- Linework only
- Full Color
I prefer non-coverup/fix-up pieces, however, I am open to them depending on the extent of the cover/fix.
If you’re open to giving me creative freedom with your concept, that’s always awesome too!
I don’t tattoo private areas of the body.
Any piece taking 3 hours or less to complete will be done at $200/hr, and will require a $200 deposit upon booking. (Deposit is not an extra fee, it goes towards the overall price)
Everything else will be determined using project pricing. Each piece of art is individual, and price will be determined on many factors including size, detail, placement, and overall effort to accomplish the piece. A flat rate or estimate will be given for each project depending on the extent, and will require 10% of the quote as deposit (Minimum deposit is $200. Max deposit is $500. The 10% deposit will apply to projects flat-rated at a higher value). For pieces requiring multiple sessions, the total will be divided into a flat day rate that will be paid for each session.
Minimum deposit is $200.
Once again, the deposit is not extra money, it goes towards the overall price of the piece.
The deposit is non-refundable, no matter the circumstances.
I accept card, cash, or Venmo for the deposit.
No appointment is set without deposit.
If you need to move your appointment day or time, just let me know by the day prior to your appointment at the latest... I will move your appointment for whatever reason. If you don’t communicate with me, and no show your appointment, you willingly forfeit your deposit.
A rough draft of your artwork will be sent usually 3 or 4 days prior to your appointment. Don’t worry if there’s changes needed, I will do whatever needs to be done to ensure you love what you’re getting!
Here’s how to be prepared…
- Be well rested, and eat a meal before your appointment.
- Don’t consume alcohol, drugs, or anything to cause impairments in your system.
- Be clean!
- In the application form at the end of this page, you will review a waiver. If there are any medical conditions listed on that waiver that you believe may affect your experience, you will declare them and have doctor approval in writing on appointment day to accompany that waiver.
- Bring any items you need to occupy your mind. ie. Headphones, book, etc...
- We will take breaks throughout your tattoo if it is a large enough piece; you may eat or drink during breaks, so bring snacks.
- Have your method of payment planned ahead of time.
- Don’t have other plans that will put time constraints on your tattoo! There are many factors that can extend the time of an estimated session so make sure you are free and flexible on the day of your appointment.
Steven retains the right to refuse service if certain instructions are not followed!
Steven understands the importance of having family or friends with you while getting your tattoo, however, a crowd can cause problems in the workspace. This is why he asks you to bring no more than 3 people with you to your appointment! Thanks ahead of time.
If you'll be traveling to get tattooed, please send an email to email@example.com for info on out-of-area consultations.
- Please keep in mind response times may be delayed due to high volume of inquiries. All I ask is you remain patient and respectful. Thank you very much and I looking forward to working with you!
*Consultations are done on Sundays only by availability.*
Be sure to make an account upon visiting the scheduling page, this will allow you to log in and change your appointment day/time if necessary. If you need to cancel your consultation entirely, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are about to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at Catharsis Tattoo. At this consultation, we will discuss your ideas, rough price estimate, and potential appointment dates. If you choose to schedule an appointment upon completion of your consultation, a non-refundable deposit will be taken to secure your appointment. (The deposit goes toward the overall price of the tattoo.)
Please update any changes to your appointment date or time via email at least 24 hours in advance.
If you no-contact, no-show the consultation, I will require a $100 non-refundable deposit to schedule a new consultation. (If you schedule a tattoo appointment, the deposit will go toward the overall price. If you do not schedule a tattoo, the deposit is still non-refundable.) I allow 15 minutes past appointment time before considering it a no-show.
*No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the studio.*
I appreciate you reading through all that, and now to get started on the path to scheduling, just click the button below to book your consultation appointment.